LEVC spotlights new range extender van’s ‘distribution-to-door’ capabilities at Frankfurt

By / 2 years ago / News / No Comments

LEVC’s new range-extended electric van has made its European debut at an event in Frankfurt to highlight how its zero-emission capable performance can enable full ‘distribution-to-door’ services.

LEVC’s van uses the same proven e-City range extender technology as the TX Taxi, giving more than 120km of electric range and a total range of 607km

Based on the same e-City range extender technology as the TX Taxi – which has already sold 2,500 units, the new LECV light van will go on sale in 2020, offering an electric range of 129km (80 miles) and a combined petrol and EV range of 607km (377 miles).

As such, the van provides an all-encompassing solution that offers a full link between out-of-town depots and city centres, capable of collecting goods outside of a major city in range extender mode, before switching to EV mode in an Ultra-Low Emissions Zone.

It’s being positioned as a cleaner alternative to one-tonne medium-sized diesel vans and aimed at those who travel 100 miles a day, bringing cost savings in fuel and servicing over conventional ICE vans while also eliminating range anxiety seen with full electric vehicles.

Alongside the new TX Shuttle – which was displayed at the Frankfurt Motor Show on the Department for International Trade’s stand and targets LEVC’s range-extended technology for global on-demand public transport – the new van is one of the key products in LEVC’s plan to rapidly grow European sales. The brand, owned by Geely, is currently establishing a central European sales office, based in Frankfurt, and backed up by Volvo Germany’s dealer network and finance and insurance infrastructure. By 2020, LEVC expects that 70% of the vehicles built at its UK plant will be for the export market while the remaining 30% will be deployed in the UK.

LEVC CEO Joerg Hofmann said: “Future urban transport is already changing rapidly and we have a golden opportunity to bring something new and disruptive to this market. There is huge demand for a medium-sized zero-emissions capable light van and our LCV is the perfect solution to the green logistics trend. This new van is durable, reliable, efficient, cost effective and high quality. Our goal is to be the European leader in green commercial mobility solutions.”

For more of the latest industry news, click here.

Natalie Middleton

Natalie has worked as a fleet journalist for nearly 20 years, previously as assistant editor on the former Company Car magazine before joining Fleet World in 2006. Prior to this, she worked on a range of B2B titles, including Insurance Age and Insurance Day. Natalie edits all the Fleet World websites and newsletters, and loves to hear about any latest industry news - or gossip.